Monday, September 08, 2008

Winston Smith is Big Brother!!!

What a revelation!

Winston Smith is Big Brother!!

I have been watching the film adaptation of 1984, the greatest novel of the 20th Century. You see I had not watched the film before. The lead character playing Winston Smith looked awfully familiar.

Now where have I seen him before??

Wait a minute...

The dude is the same guy who plays "The Leader" Adam Susan (Adam Sutler in the movie) in the film adaptation of the greatest graphic novel of 20th Century, V For Vendetta.


The fact that I like V for Vendetta would be evident to those who look at my profile picture on the top left of this page. Adam Susan's character or V for Vendetta for that matter was most definitely inspired by Big Brother and 1984 respectively. To link V For Vendetta with 1984 in this way got me so excited that I had to write about it

The actor's name it turns out is John Hurt. Now, I don't know if the Wachowski Brothers wanted to pay homage to 1984 or whether they wanted to drive home the point that we had forgot 1984 for too long and that history has come one full circle, but I just love this piece of pop culture trivia. So once again...

WINSTON SMITH IS BIG BROTHER!!!

1 comment:

wild teen sex stories said...

I knew how hewas going to punish me. There were cops and feds all over the place.
large cock sex stories post
adult diaper wearing stories
male bestiality stories
femdom hoh stories
naughty teen sex stories
I knew how hewas going to punish me. There were cops and feds all over the place.