Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Now I know how Rajni felt...

Today is Vinayaka Chathurthi. I wish every one a great time praying to the most affable God from the Indian Pantheon.

Today was also a day when I was in the same shoes as Rajni.

After a lot of coaxing I was convinced by my mom to perform the puja on the Vinayaka clay murthi. I might be a qualified Embedded Video Engineer , but when it comes to chanting Vedic Mantras, I am as skillful as my 'Puratchi Deivam' Sam Anderson trying to dance. For the uninitiated, Vedic Mantras is as easy as Microbiology, Neuroscience and Astrophysics put together. Anyways, my parents who are quite aware of my IQ in Vedic Mantras asked me to follow my father's lead.

All was going well until I was asked to repeat a piece of mantra at the speed in which my father chanted it. To get the drift of my father's speed, just think of Eminem rapping 'Way I am' in twice the speed. Over the years I have adapted fairly enough to following his lead, but this one left me stunned and gasping for comprehension. Which is the mantra you ask? Look at 2:14 in the below video.



Now I felt what Rajni must have felt. I have promised myself to find out what this Mantra is and what it actually means. Any idea which mantra this is?

BTW, take a look at my 'Puratchi Deivam' dancing to the tunes of 'Rasathi'. Enjoy!!

No comments: